The course will give you a toolbox to plan and execute creative projects in the complexity of architectural practices.
What you will learn
Focus of the course is on planning and executing projects – helping you to keep an overview and to:
- Ensure deliverables
- Align expectations
- Anchor decisions and clarifications needed
- Lead a small team and relevant stakeholders
Topics we will cover
- Scoping the project, stakeholders, risks, milestone-planning, estimation
- Roles and responsibilities
- The plan meeting reality
- The leadership role of the project manager, communication and motivation
- Navigating in a field of conflict and different interests
- The topics will be adapted according to the needs and interests of the participants
We will discuss project management based on the actual issues, you experience in your actual projects in order to match methods and behaviour. There will be a little theory and a lot of discussion. You will be planning your own projects and handling issues. We will meet 5 days with an interval of 2-3 weeks enabling us to address the everyday situations (challenging as well as successful).